The criteria will be presented as statements. Each of the criteria has the same weights. The judges will respond by indicating how strongly they accept these statements.
- Appropriate team experience – The team is equipped to deliver the proposed prototype and has appropriate technology and business skills and know-how.
- Strength of the idea – The idea is realistic, well-developed, demonstrates strong vision and application.
Originality of the idea – The idea is original and new, it pushes boundaries for the manufacturing industry and challenge it is proposed for.
- Functionality – The idea will be very well represented through the end prototype.
- Suitability/relevance – The idea described uses suitable advanced digital technologies from our technology areas and promises a good benchmark. The idea is also likely to be suitable for further funding opportunities.
- Value for money – The idea’s combination of cost, quality and sustainability is well balanced. The scale of the prototype is reasonable with respect to the effort proposed.
- Feasibility of prototype delivery – The technical delivery of the proposal is clear and achievable in the timeframe and budget. This includes the design and build of the prototype, as well as the specifications for deployment.
- Potential to answer the set challenge – The proposal shows a good understanding of a clearly identified selected challenge and relevance to the manufacturing sector and the challenge objectives
- Growth potential – The idea has the potential to succeed beyond the Made Smarter Technology Accelerator programme and receive further funding opportunities and keep on growing as a project.
The final selection decision will also consider applicants’ projects variety and welcome applicants from underrepresented groups to ensure a well-balanced and differentiated portfolio of projects.
The decision is taken by Digital catapult and its relevant partners on the information submitted, any additional information gleaned from its due diligence, and their knowledge. This decision is final.